CuteNews is actually easier than I expected to install. I did have a few
problems with the coding it onto your page bit, but I researched and discovered
the problem. So here is a short guide to installing CuteNews onto your Website.
Our Installing Instructions:
1. Before you do anything, contact your host and check if your host
supports PHP. Just PHP, no MySQL is involved.
2. Now you can download the zip file from this link: http://cutephp.com/cutenews/
before you unzip it, go to your FTP and create a new directory called "cutenews"
or "news" or whatever you want.
3. Now upload all the unzipped cutenews content into the cutenews
directory on your FTP.
4. Now CHMOD the cutenews/index.php file to 777 and all the files
and folders in the "data" folder to 777 including the "data"
5. Now go to http://yoursite.com/cutenews/index.php and follow the
6. If that didn't help you much, then follow the official CuteNews
CuteNews' Installing Instructions (You can find these instructions in the
"README.htm" file you download in the zipped folder)
1) Create a directory on your server ( e.g. cutenews )
2) Upload the content of the cutenews.1.3.6.zip to the directory
you created in step 1
3) Now You must CHMOD the the directory cutenews/data/ and all files
folders under the data/ directory must be also chmod'ed to 777.
4) Finally, go to http://yoursite.com/cutenews/index.php with you
favorite browser and fallow the instructions.
How to get CuteNews on Your Page
If your website already uses PHP, then this should be easy.
But if you didn't use it, follow this:
1. Open your index page (that has your layout) and rename it to index.php
instead of index.html.
2. Where you want your news to show, input this simple PHP code:
That displays your active news on your page. But remember to CHANGE the
"path/to/show_news.php" to the folder that has all your CuteNews
files in. (Example: cutenews/show_news.php)
There are many other ways to display your news that can be found in the
Now if you were already using PHP, follow this:
1. Do the same as the above, but when making a link, most people
do this http://www.yoursite.com/index1.php?id=yourpage. Simple. Change it
to http://www.yoursite.com/index1.php?page=yourpage. So instead of the id=
change it to page=.
If it still doesn't work then look though the CuteNews forum, Click
Here. I advise looking through the Hacks & Tricks / FAQ forum for
some cool addons and some answers to questions, and if that doesn't help,
then go to the Problem Solving / Help & Support forum.